About the Prostate Cancer Coalition of New Hampshire
The mission of the New Hampshire Prostate Cancer Coalition is the significant reduction of prostate cancer deaths in New Hampshire, thereby raising the quality of life for men and their loved ones. We will accomplish this:
- through public awareness, education, and support;
- by encouraging informed decision making regarding detection and treatment;
- and by partnering with the medical community in the State.
Organized in May of 2006, the Coalition Board of Directors which meets every month. Because almost all are survivors, we are both physically and emotionally involved in the fight against prostate cancer. All are volunteers and no paid staff. We Directors and Members are committed to implementing our mission.
Spreading awareness of the dangers of prostate cancer is a major goal. A speakers group of five makes dozens of appearances before service clubs and community organizations. A web site, a brochure and PowerPoint presentation help to augment the awareness program. We publish a newsletter and email it to hundreds. Working with the state’s six prostate cancer support groups helps us maintain a close relationship with newly diagnosed men.
Each year the entire board commits to a Strategic Planning Day to develop a working plan for the following year. The plan lays out what will be done, who will do it and the date that person will perform it. We are busy people who genuinely believe in “Plan your work. Work your plan.”
Working with hospitals, doctors, urologists, lawmakers and others, we aspire to be a true coalition of all the major forces opposing prostate cancer is our state.
NHPCC Disclaimer of Liability
By accessing this website and accessing any or all of its content, you agree to accept and be bound by the following terms, conditions, disclaimers and understandings;
- This web site is produced by the New Hampshire Prostate Cancer Coalition. Our intent is only to provide information and links to other resources about prostate cancer.
- While the NHPCC makes every effort to provide accurate prostate cancer information, the NHPCC does not warrant or guarantee that the prostate cancer information on this NHPCC website is true, complete, up-to-date or not misleading.
- Some of the prostate cancer information contained herein is gathered from various web sites and other sources over which the NHPCC has no control. The NHPCC cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
- The prostate cancer information on this website is not advice. It is provided for informational purposes only.
- The prostate cancer information on this website may change without notice at any time. Links to other websites may change or be removed at any time without notice.
- If you are seeking medical advice, seek advice from your doctor or other licensed, healthcare professional. Do not attempt self-diagnosis of any medical problem or condition; seek professional medical advice. Do not delay, disregard or discontinue any medical treatment based on anything you may read on this website.
- Talk to your doctor.